Friday, July 30, 2010

My brother....

Ok well he is my half brother really.  We have the same father but his mother is not the same as mine...He has been sick for years and years.  Before I got married I lived with him...for 8 years.  I lived in a small town with my half brother, his 3 kids (2 girls and a boy) and my 2 boys.  It was quite a full house.  We got along fairly well at first but well as brothers always do, he found all my buttons of discomfort and pushed them on a daily basis.  We didn't grow up together, I didn't even know about him until I was 7.  That's when we started moving around a lot too.  There is a LOT more to go on this blog.  But for now back to my brother. 

He has Diabetes, Parkinson's Disease and probably Cancer but he tries to protect me a LOT so I can't be sure if he is even telling me all of it or maybe hiding the worst from me.  He was pretty insistant on coming up here to visit me today and I know how hard it is for him to drive this far.  We live about an hour apart which isn't bad for someone with perfect or at least decent vision and no health problems that make it hard to control your bladder or other bodily functions.  I'm really worried about him.  I think he is hiding something from me...something he thinks maybe I can't handle hearing but I would rather know than not... 

At least that way I can understand better and maybe not be so afraid of what is going on with him that I don't understand or possibly even know...(does that even make sense???)  Can you tell I'm frazzled.  I just needed to get that out there I guess.  I love my brother as messed up as our relationship as brother and sister may be.  He is my blood, one of my last remaining family members other than my mom and sister.  Yea more posts yet to come on all that.  I have homework to do right now but needed to vent so yea....

xox Dawn xox

No comments:

Post a Comment