Wednesday, July 14, 2010

More about me...

Not many people know much about me.  I don't let many in.  Most are not interested in my tales of how I was raised.  If you care to read this blog, that is a lot of what you will find here in time...  I am missing big parts of my life, memories that I know are there somewhere but I just can't seem to bring them out where I can see them.  The ones I can see, I am putting here, mostly for the recollection of my family and friends and well anyone else who cares enough to read the things that I write.


My parents are Edward John Parmarter born in Erie, PA and Joyce Joanne Arnold or it may be Strauch and also not sure on birth date, she has said it was April 28th and other times said it was April 30.  Near as I can tell from what my parents used to say around me when they thought I wasn't listening...my mom was 25 when I was born, I was born in 1970 so that would put my mom's birth year somewhere around 1945.  She also once told me she was adopted and she said she was abused.  She also told me she was from New York.  My mom did not use her maiden name on my birth certificate according to her.  She said my dad told her to use the name Arnold but that her real maiden name is Strauch.  She also once told me she has a twin.  I don't know anyone in my mothers family.  I know very few in my father's family.   The photo above I think was taken in Tucson, Arizona or somewhere there abouts.  It was just before I was born I think.  As I said I am not sure about much when it comes to my parents...As you can tell my father is much older than my mother, he is her elder by about 23 years I think she said.  He is dead now, been gone around 15 years or so...my mom still lives in Arizona.

My father was in the Army and also in the Navy, MCB-5 was his unit, or so I was told.  Here is a couple photos of him from around that time...  Some of these photos were taken in Viet Nam and the last one was taken in North East, PA.




 
I also have a few photos of my mother around the time that they met, but these are the only good ones I have from that period of time...My mother was a beautiful woman.  This first picture my mother told me was taken at Hoover Dam by my father.  She was 25 in this photo.  The second photo is the only time my mother ever got her picture taken professionally, I was 2 or 3 at the time, I had my portrait done too my mother told me, so she would have been about 26 or 27 in the second photo. 


Here is the portrait of me that was taken around the same time.  The only one done until I started school and got my yearly photo done.  I was told I was 2 or 3 in this photo.

Well, I guess that's all I have for today.  I have to get up off my butt and get some stuff done around my house.  I hope you all have a great day!


xox Dawn xox

1 comment: